Blog 2_Week 3: An event in the past
This time you will be writing about any past event (a concert you went to, holidays, an anecdote, etc.)
For the present task, you need to write 200 words minimum. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmates' posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the structures we learnt in class and all the English you have learnt before. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. You have 48 hours to do it (Saturday 24, 6pm). Try to use some WOW Words! Good luck on your task :)
Hall & Oates
are an American pop rock duo. Originally from Pennsylvania, Daryl and John (the
names of the people in the band) started singing together in the 70’s.
You may have
not heard of them until now, but the fact is they have sold an estimated 40 million
records. As some of their hits I can mention: “You make my dreams”, “Private
eyes”, and “She’s gone” (my favorite).
In 2019
they came to Chile for the first time, and my husband bought two tickets to go
to their concert.
We were pretty happy that night, getting ready to head to the Arena. We got into the car, but the engine didn’t start… it just didn’t. We didn’t want to be late, so my husband started calling a taxi company. They got home pretty fast and we were heading our way when another taxi hit us in the back of the car. We weren’t seriously injured, but I started feeling a stubbing pain in my back and neck. I remained calmed for a couple minutes and had a deep breath while both drivers were arguing. I never knew what really happened, or how bad the car was damaged. The thing is that the taxi continued its way and we could happily get there in time for the show!
We had such
a great time at the concert that I totally forgot what had happened. We just had
an awesome time singing and dancing! (243 words)
Don't forget to:
- Write 200 words minimum
- Read your teacher's post and leave a comment
- Leave also a comment on 3 of your classmates' posts.

Woow! At that time everything was having problems to attend the concert. However, you could enjoy the the confert of "Daryl and John" that is the important thing that you enjoyed it a lod and had fun. I have not attended a concert yet, but I would like to do it sometime.
ResponderEliminar
ResponderEliminarWhat an awesome way to spend an evening. The band sounds great I didn’t know it, so I did a little research on YouTube and I like it. I didn’t know the song “You make my dreams” was from them, I love this song.
"You make my dreams" is a really iconic song, I didn't know it was from them!! Hearing it in a live concert must have been such an experience... And I'm really happy you could make it to the concert :)
ResponderEliminarWow, it was a very intense experience. You almost did not succeed, it would have been very unpleasant, it could even have been fatal.
ResponderEliminarwoow!! without a doubt it was a very chaotic experience with a lot of adrenaline, the important thing is that you were able to see and hear your band.
ResponderEliminarOhh, it seems all the world against you. I'm glad that nobody were injured on the accident. Like my classmates, I didn´t know Hall & Oates. I think that I heard their name on Glee show but I never search their songs.
ResponderEliminarWow! Hopefully nobody got hurt. I didn't know the band, but I love discover new music to listen to, so thanks for share your experience and for make known them!
ResponderEliminarWow that incredible that they had everything against him and still could come and enjoy the concert. I’ve never really heard of that band but I think I’ve heard their songs a couple of times.
ResponderEliminarWooow, what a crazy and enjoyable experience!!
ResponderEliminarwow i never heard about this band but you can enjoy their songs i really loved the song called "she left" you can really feel what the singers want to convey
ResponderEliminarI think you are so unlucky!! but I'm happy that you could go finally and have a nice time, I think my dad told me about this band but I'm not sure, I will search one song to listen!
ResponderEliminarWhat a great experience!! enjoying a live band is the best as they are always unique experiences,
ResponderEliminarI'm glad you were able to go!!
What a wonderfull feeling is to be in a concert, surrounded by unhealthy volume, hearing the fanatic screamings until the moment you begin to be one of them, that feeling make you forget any recent problem... geez, now im feeling nostalgic, jaja, i guees this pandemic times isnt the best to remember this!
ResponderEliminarWoow it was pretty difficult to get to the concert, besides all that happened, you enjoyed it, and that's all that matters, i'm pretty sure it was a great experience!
ResponderEliminarThat experiencie was very chaotic, at least every situation has a great ending and you and your husband spend a wonderfull evening! Going to concerts it's a great way to spend time in couples!
ResponderEliminar
ResponderEliminarIt's a funny story, the good thing is that everything went well. I don't know the artists, but it sure was worth everything you had to go through
What a bad luck you have, I though you where not going to go to the concert due to the accident but fortunatelly its was not serius.
ResponderEliminari'm happy that you and your husband went to the concert at time and had a good time enjoying live music, it's such a pleasent way to spend time and money, i have never regret going to concerts. !hope you go to many more!
ResponderEliminar
ResponderEliminarWhat a bad luck!! what happened before the concert, but managed to see them, the past forgotten
Haha what an anecdote! As much as we plan things we never know how they will end, I'm glad you made it to the concert, it must have been very good!
ResponderEliminarGo on a concert is always a magical experience, above all when you see your favorite artist. I had never heard about them (Hall & Oates), I think I’ll go to listening the songs your mentioned.
ResponderEliminar